Adenoma of the uterus: causes, types, symptoms, treatment
Adenoma of the uterus is called the growth of tumor cells. Doctors and scientists have no uniform point of view about the assignment of the adenoma to any class of diseases. Some believe adenoma tumor. According to many experts, the adenoma is not a true tumor, but a result of a hormonal imbalance in the woman's body. Still others believe adenoma a consequence of the inflammatory diseases.
Most often adenoma manifested in the form of polyps (growths of the mucosa similar to warts, only inside the bodies). Adenoma occurs because of a dysfunction of the endometrium – the mucous membrane of the uterus.
Due to the reduction in immune cells of the endometrium infiltrating the muscle layer and begin to grow there. In addition to immunosuppression, adenoma may also occur because of hormonal imbalance in the body.
Adenoma – a benign neoplasm. The conversion to a malignant tumor is rare, but possible. Therefore, the scrapings and remote expansion subjected to histological examination. Adenoma most often affects women after age 40.
Experts identify a number of factors contributing to appearance of growths in the uterus:
- Low level of physical activity.
- Genetic predisposition.
- Irregular sexual life.
- Some contraceptives.
- Infectious diseases.
There are a few signs of the classification of adenoma of the uterus (adenomyosis):
Depending on the time of appearance of adenoma is:
Depending on the nature of proliferation of tumor:
Depending on the centers:
- adenoma of the uterine body;
- adenoma of the cervix.
Experts noticed that the risk of adenomyosis is increased after surgical operations on the uterus, inflammatory processes.
At the onset of symptoms characteristic of the adenoma, it is necessary to consult a specialist so as early as possible start the appropriate treatment. Symptoms of adenoma are:
- Pain in the lower abdomen after the mid-cycle.
- Acyclic bleeding.
- Contact bleeding.
- Mucous or Muco-bloody discharge.
- Violation of the menstrual cycle.
The diagnosis of adenoma of the uterus put on the basis of the gynecological examination, examination of scrapings of the polyp after removing it. It is obligatory histological examination of remote of polyps and growths (study of cancer cells).
There are several methods of treatment of adenoma of the uterus:
- Hormonal. Applies if the growths are of small size with the functions of the body are not violated. The method is aimed at stopping the growth nodes. Hormonal drug is administered in the form of internal injections once a month for 2-4 months depending on the drug and individual characteristics of the patient. Treatment program, the drug dose as prescribed by the physician after an appropriate examination.
- Surgical. The main method of treatment failure of the menstrual cycle, larger sizes of growths. Polyp with thin stalk is removed by unscrewing. On a thick stalk of a polyp impose a ligature (a special thread) and cut through the leg.
With timely treatment and hormonal therapy, and surgical treatment give good results.