What is adenoma of the thyroid gland and what is its danger?
Thyroid gland is a small organ that regulates the functioning of the human body. Unfortunately, this gland is susceptible to many diseases. Among them – the adenoma. What is adenoma of the thyroid gland? Is a tumor in prostate tissue with benign nature.
When the degeneration of the adenoma may become cancer, that is, to acquire a malignant character. When and how is this rebirth is not precisely known, therefore, very important is timely access to a doctor if you have problems with the thyroid.
The thyroid gland can be felt in the neck, the rate of increase are easy to identify. This should be cause for seeking medical attention, as in most cases evidence of the development of any disease of the gland.
Types of adenoma
The thyroid gland depends on the pituitary gland. At high activity of the gland the pituitary gland produces fewer hormones and Vice versa. Iron itself consists of 3 cell types: A, b, C. Each of the types of cells performs its functions.
Treatment of adenoma of the thyroid gland is determined by its type. There are several types of adenoma of the thyroid gland depending on the composition of the cells and causes of tumors:
Follicular adenoma is the most common. This node is composed of follicles, increased in size. To the touch it is soft, movable. Appears due to growth of the cells of type A. Acute symptoms with the occurrence of follicular adenomas is usually not. There are 3 forms of this type of adenoma:
- Macrofollicular – adenoma of large size, having in the cavity of the colloid (liquid).
- Microfollicular adenoma small size with no colloid inside.
- Embryonic – no follicle.
Atypical adenoma of the thyroid gland is characterized by rapid deterioration of the patient. Distinguish 2 varieties of this type of adenoma:
- Papillary. Occurs in the form of cysts, containing brown liquid. This adenoma has a high risk of conversion to cancer. Therefore, when it is detected we recommend a quick removal.
- Hurtigruten adenoma of the thyroid gland. Consists of cells of type B. the reason for the growth of this type of adenoma is not definitely known. Another name for tumor – oncocytoma adenoma of the thyroid gland. It is quite often exposed to malignancy, that is, degeneration into malignant neoplasms capable of metastasis.
- Toxic. The cause of the tumor is the failure of hormonal background. The pituitary gland secretes hormones which the thyroid gland produces an increased amount of their hormones. Is a glut of hormones and because of this toxicosis.
Adenoma of the thyroid are varied in structure, and the manifestations of a more serious kind may be less noticeable. Happy diagnosis difficult. Many species often transform into cancer. Therefore, any tumor formed in the gland, should be considered as a potential threat of degeneration into malignant, that is as a precancerous condition.
The tumor in the thyroid gland may occur for a number of reasons:
- Non-standard reaction to the pituitary gland. The pituitary gland hormones lead to the production of thyroid hormones, but it may also lead to the emergence of new cells, growth of follicle size, colloid.
- The autonomic system of the body is not working properly, causing excessive increase in size of cells, tissues, and their growth.
- Imbalance of the hormonal system.
- Genetic predisposition.
Follicular adenoma could not be seen. Often suchthe tumor detected by chance, at the General survey.
But if a person is attentive to your body, he may suspect the onset of disease by the following symptoms of thyroid adenoma:
- Excessive irritability.
- Quick weight loss for no reason.
- Intolerance of heat.
- High sweating.
- High fatigue.
- Palpitations without exercise.
In the later stages see the following symptoms:
- Deformation of the neck.
- The change of voice.
- Difficulty breathing, swallowing.
Toxic type adenomas are seen in:
- Common symptoms: fatigue, palpitations, irritability.
- Specific: tremors of the body, hands, dryness of the eyes, exophthalmia, rapid stool, weakness of the muscles.
How to treat?
The endocrinologist by results of inspection, ultrasound, blood test, biopsy diagnoses. The majority of patients with a diagnosis of adenoma of the thyroid gland, concerned with the question whether it is necessary to remove the adenoma of the thyroid gland.
Methods of treatment depend on the stage and grade of the extent of the disease, tumor size, General condition of the patient.
If treatment begins early, it is possible to use conservative methods. But even in this case, there is a possibility of a subsequent operation.
Surgery for adenoma of the thyroid gland in some cases allows you to save the body. During the operation, remove only the tumor. Sometimes removal of only the tumor is impossible. Then remove one of the lobes of the gland, which is localized adenoma, or the entire gland.
Alternative methods of treatment are injections into the area of the adenoma of ethanol, treated with radioactive iodine. In the initial stages of the disease might treatment of enlarged thyroid gland folk remedies. For example, flowers of hawthorn, the fruits of Paoha, strawberries. But we must remember that before to be treated by such methods, you can be sure to consult with a specialist.