Nutrition for prostate cancer: recommendations and prohibitions
BPH is called benign tumor, growing from the epithelium of the prostate. Nutrition for prostate cancer is of considerable importance for the successful treatment and prevention.
Half of the men who crossed the 50-years old, suffer from BPH. The older a person is, the more likely the development of this disease. In the prostate nodules appear, which will eventually compress, and then constrict the urethra. This tumor causes no metastasis in any organs, as it has a benign nature.
Types and causes
The direction in which the growing tumor, adenomas are divided into 3 types:
- Intravesical. The vector of growth of the prostate is directed to the bladder.
- Podpisana. Growth in the direction of the rectum.
- Retrotracheal. Growing under the bladder.
The causes of BPH are:
- Bad habits.
- The lack of movement.
- Hormonal changes.
Proper nutrition in case of BPH, it is important for the treatment and prevention of disease.
Symptoms and stages
There are 3 stages of disease development, which correspond to their characteristic symptoms:
- Compensated. The problem starts with urination, frequent urges, weak stream of urine. While feeling the patient feels no pain. The gland is enlarged in size, of clear borders.
- Subcompencirovanna. At the beginning of urination the urine retention becomes long. Urine comes out completely from the bladder, formed by the stagnation of urine. Its color is cloudy, there is blood. Begins to develop and manifest renal failure.
- Decompensated. The bladder contains a lot of liquid, it appears in small doses. The bladder is distended, its walls thick. Urine very turbid, with blood.
2-3 stages there is a failure in the functioning of the whole organism:
- Decreases weight.
- In the mouth has dry.
- Decreased level of hemoglobin in the blood.
- Constantly plagued by constipation.
- The smell of urine from air on exhalation, the skin.
- Appear kidney stones.
To improve the efficiency of treatment the patient should review the nutrition guidelines. This also applies to those who want to minimize the risk of BPH.
There are a number of recommendations, what not to eat with prostate adenoma:
- Animal fats.
- Fatty meat.
- Fried foods.
- Meat, fish and mushroom broth.
- Animals ' kidney and liver, the brains.
- Spicy dishes and condiments.
- Butter cakes.
- Sweets in large quantity.
- The starch and starchy foods.
- Eggs (allowed 1 per day).
- Legumes (beans, peas, beans, lentils).
- Radish, radish, spinach, sorrel.
- Coffee, cocoa, strong tea.
The list of prohibited products is quite large, but are allowed and more useful products. Should make your menu from the following products:
- Boiled meat low-fat types.
- Milk soups.
- Fruit fresh and thermally processed.
- Vegetables, cereals soups without meat broth and meat.
- Cereals, pasta.
- Vegetables, fresh and cooked in different ways, except fried.
- Watermelon, melon.
- Foods high in selenium, zinc (beneficial for people with tumors). These foods include seafood, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, roots parsnip, celery, oats, buckwheat groats, olive oil.
Treatment of adenomas depends on the stage of developmentdisease, characteristics of the flow. In the initial stages of drug treatment. Prescribes treatment after an expert examination. For the treatment can be used three kinds of drugs:
- Hormonal. To reduce the size of cancer.
- Regulating the tone of the urethra and the prostate.
- Herbal preparations.
In the later stages, complications occur, surgical treatment is indicated. That is, the removal of the prostate gland. After this procedure provides rehabilitation. One of the important components of rehabilitation is nutrition after surgery of benign prostatic hyperplasia.
The first day after surgery you can only drink a little. In a day you can eat. Special attention is given to drinking regime. Need to drink 3 liters of fluid a day.
Diet after surgery is to reduce the amount of consumed animal proteins and fats, additives, preservatives, alcohol, coffee, foods with high sugar content, cholesterol.
You should increase consumption of vegetable protein, fiber, vitamins and minerals contained in vegetables, fruits. Useful all of the products that are recommended in the treatment of BPH.