How dangerous is fibroids lungs?
Fibroma of the lung is a rare form of benign tumors of mesodermal origin. Place the lesion are elements of bronchi or lung tissue. The possibility of this type of cancer does not exceed 7.5%. In most cases, the disease affects men aged 30-35 years, with the affected area can capture both right and left lung. The growth of the tumor usually starts on the outside of the body (peripheral localization) and developed over several years.
The appearance and structure of the fibroids
The tumor size ranged from 2-3 cm to giant size, reaching half of the chest. Accurate information about the transition of fibroid lung in malignant form at the moment.
The tumor is an elastic capsule, do not come in contact with healthy tissue. Incision of the tumor is gray, the internal density is not always uniform. The possible formation of bone or cystic cavity within the fibroids.
Upon microscopical examination it is possible to observe a continuous a tight knot of bright or reddish color due to hyperemia of the mucosa. The surface is smooth, possible expressions.
What can trigger the development of the disease?
Factors affecting the occurrence of fibroids of the lungs and other forms of benign tumors are similar. These include:
- work in hazardous industry;
- accommodation in places of high concentration of heavy metals in the air;
- exposure to radioactive radiation;
- chronic infectious diseases;
- genetic predisposition.
The symptoms of the disease
As in the early stages of tumor development the patient does not feel any changes, and in the subsequent malaise is amplified is possible to distinguish several stages of the disease:
Asymptomatic. The General health remains good, sometimes there is a cough with phlegm. X-ray examination did not reveal abnormalities.
Initial clinical manifestation is characterized by:
- high temperature;
- cough with Muco-purulent sputum;
- in rare cases, coughing up blood;
- shortness of breath and chest pain;
- fatigue, a constant feeling of fatigue.
When chest x-ray visible inflammatory process, for a more accurate diagnosis must pass linear tomography, CT, and bronchography. Before moving to the next stage a patient noted improvement of health.
To the obvious signs of rejection include:
- excessive sweating;
- high temperature;
- pulmonary hemorrhage;
- wheezing or absence of noise when breathing;
- external deformity of the chest;
- pain in the chest or heart.
The manifestation of those or other signs depend on the tumor size and its localization.
Surgery is the only way to stop the development of tumors
The deletion fibroids of the lungs is performed only surgically. No traditional methods can't cope with the illness.
In peripheral tumors, use the following operational methods:
- enucleation – removal of the capsule without any damage to the surrounding tissue;
- excision – slit across the leg of the tumor;
- the lung resection (wedge, segmental) – elimination of the damaged parts of the body.
- lobectomy – removal of a lobe of the lung. Produced at the last stage of the disease in case of death of tissue, or irreversible changes in it.
The methods used depend on the stage of development of the disease. In the case of the small size of the fibroids a lung from an elderly patientthe operation is not carried out.
The risk of death during the removal of tumors during the first 10 years after diagnosis tends to zero. However, the consequences of the disease forcing the patient to closely monitor health and regularly do breathing exercises until the end of life. This is because the regeneration of damaged tissue is impossible.