Treatment of lymphoma
An important part of human immune system lymphocytes are the cells-the defenders located in the blood and in all organs. But sometimes they can mutate, begin to multiply uncontrollably and form conglomerates in various tissues, there develops one of the types of malignant tumor process. Still causes lymphoma has not been exactly clarified, blame some viruses, radiation, genetic factors.
There are several types of lymphocytes undergoing certain stage of development, so depending on the appearance of the first mutated cells of the tumor can be many. They react differently to drugs, radiation, more or less malignant. So before you start the treatment of lymphoma, it is necessary to determine its morphology.
The main types of lymphomas:
- The incident of the Mature cells (lymphocytic lymphoma) or predecessors (blast)
- T or b-cell lymphoma
- Large - or small-cell lung tumor
- Separately allocated Hodgkin's lymphoma
Like other cancers, lymphoma can be identified relatively early, when the process is restricted to specific organ or group of lymph nodes. When delayed diagnosis involved first the adjacent and then distant nodes and tissues. Depending on this, treatment can vary.
Treatment of lymphoma:
- In the early stages of applied irradiation of the affected organs and lymph nodes.
- If the process spread through the body, use of potent chemotherapeutic drugs, killing abnormal cells not only in the primary focus, but separated from him.
- The combined treatment of lymphoma, wherein the irradiation enlarged lymph nodes complement chemotherapy.
- A bone marrow transplant. Usually it is already the final stage of therapy, when using strong medicines and x-rays destroyed all hematopoietic cells – both malignant and normal.
- Patients diagnosed with lymphoma of the skin, common treatment, which complement the local, in the form of ointments, creams, subcutaneous injection of interferon.
- Biological therapy, which has been used recently, actively studied and developed. This method allows you to change the "continuous shelling" that destroys all living hematopoietic cells, "surgical strikes" that only affect the abnormal tissue. This is the most rational treatment of lymphoma, but, unfortunately, these antibodies do not to all types of tumors, and the complexity of the work leads to the high cost of drugs.
Chemotherapy for lymphoma is conducted in several stages. Should definitely go all the appointed course of treatment, even if the patient feels almost recovered, and his trouble side effects from drugs. And since this type of cancer often affects young, hair loss, possible complications in the intimate sphere can lead to failure of therapy. Besides, a large number of charlatans who promise a quick and painless cure, disorder patients. For example, the main symptoms of Hodgkin's lymphoma disappear pretty fast if the person turned in time to see a doctor. But the delays in treatment, refusal of repeated courses, be sure to quickly a relapse of the disease.
the end of treatment for the patient be sure to see, conduct the necessary tests and research. The duration and frequency of the inspections depends on the type of cells. Tumors with low malignancy such as small cell lymphoma, rarely give recurrences and metastases. When you blast the same types of lymphomas to achieve remission can be difficult, and it is not very persistent. Therefore, for as long as possible and a quality of life that each patient of Oncohematology should listen to your doctor and carefully follow all his appointments.