How to distinguish a mole from a melanoma?
Every person is the owner of at least one mole. For example, at all times prized spicy birthmark, so called, "fly" girls. They are a certain sexuality. In turn, dermatologists consider every mole, as a potential threat to human health. As these harmless spots can be reborn and transform into malignant tumors called melanomas. For the fastest treatment it is necessary to know all the signs of degeneration of a nevus to melanoma.
What exactly is melanoma?
In order to recognize melanoma at first you need to understand what it actually is. First, it is important to note that melanoma is often called a malignant tumor that can develop from pigmented cells called melanterite. Such a tumor is one of the most dangerous skin cancers. However, sometimes melanoma is not attributed to the disease. After all, the main skin cells are the keratinocytes (epithelial cells melanocytes), which are mainly responsible for the manifestation of the sun. The development of cancer occurs only in the first type of cells. And the cancer that manifests itself at the level of the cells directly and is of melanoma. The second type of tumor leads to the appearance of metastases with the subsequent defeat of other organs. It is therefore important as quickly as possible to recognize melanoma and to proceed to its treatment.
The main indicators for identification of melanoma
Every doctor will tell you that you need to regularly inspect your entire body for suspicious moles and growths. It should clearly understand what distinguishes melanoma from nevus. It is for this reason, a method has been developed ABCDE, which significantly facilitates the separation of the typical from atypical moles. So, here, each English letter is responsible for one of the key signs of melanoma.
- A stands for asymmetry. For example, your birthmark has grown more in one direction. It is worth noting that the mole is normal, when its two halves are symmetrical.
- B is responsible for the presence of jagged edges. In normal condition all the edges of moles should be smooth. The melanoma edges can be cut and fuzzy.
- The letter C is responsible for the color of a mole, as a healthy mole can be completely monochromatic. The presence of inhomogeneous color, black or red patches and blue-gray shades should have to alert you.
- D defines the diameter of a mole, because in the presence of a mole in diameter more than 6 mm. should immediately show it to a specialist.
- E represents the variability of what it means to change any feature of a mole, for example, its shape, size or color. A normal mole should be the same throughout your life.
Who is most susceptible?
There are several factors that can lead to the appearance of melanoma. So, this disease is most often seen in the case when people were often burnt in the sun at an early age. May be sufficient and a few sunburns. In addition, people proper to the first and second photo are also at risk of symptoms of melanoma. Namely, white-skinned, red-haired and blue-eyed people should be treated more carefully to your body and three times to inspect it for suspicious entities. This also applies to owners of large and medium-sized moles. Location of moles is also important, women are most often the harbingers of melanoma focus on the legs and in men they are located on the back.
What can you do if you observed a suspicious mole?
Of course, if there is any suspicion of bad education on the body you need to go to the dermatologist. In factwhen soon there was no opportunity to consult the doctor first to see a dermatologist, oncologist or surgeon. A good doctor will immediately determine the nature of the moles by using a device such as a Dermatoscope, which is essentially a powerful magnifying glass. This device will help to consider all the details of the mole. If you have any doubts, you will be directed to histological examination. Knowing how to distinguish a mole from a melanoma, you will be able to start treatment as early as possible and successfully to prevent the development of cancer. The main thing is to listen to your body and the body, because they have one!