Osteoma of the frontal bone
How I want to live without problems and worries. But, alas, it's impossible. In addition to unpredictable circumstances, a man plagued by illness and a huge number of them. One of the ailments osteoma of the frontal bone, that's about it at present and will be the conversation.
Briefly about the disease
It belongs to benign formations in bone tissue. Increases slowly and almost never becomes malignant. The location of it on the bones:
- of the facial skeleton;
- hip and shoulder;
- phalanges of both big toes.
Osteomas may be composed of substances:
In addition to these types there are two more:
- developing bone – hyperplastic;
- growing of connective tissue – geterotsiklicheskie.
The tumor can easily be seen on the skull, but sometimes it is formed and inside the bone. On the head most often appear osteoma of bone tissue hard. In the long bones develop tumors of spongy substance.
Most often disease occurs after:
- sexually transmitted diseases;
Appears osteoma of the frontal bone at a young age (youth). Women suffer less often than men.
The tumor is on an external site dice:
- Visually detected by the solid tubercle, the surface is smooth and shiny.
- With pressure, pain and discomfort do not arise.
The tumor is located on the inner wall of the cranial vault:
- begin headaches;
- appear cramps;
- weakened memory;
- increased intracranial pressure.
Education has spread in the area of the orbit:
- eyeball changes its location, it becomes less agile.
- Sometimes inflamed lacrimal SAC.
Diagnosis and treatment
Diagnosis osteoma of the frontal costipated with head MRI or x-ray. The photograph shows the exact boundaries of education. The specialist determines the size, and compares with other parts of the skull. X-rayed in two projections.
After diagnosis, you should start treatment.
There is only one way – surgery. Surgery is advisable only in case if:
- it is a violation of the functioning of the organs;
- having severe pain;
- the shape of the bones and delayed growth;
During the procedure, the doctor removes the tumor, and then spends the resection.
If the osteoma is small and does not cause any problems to surgical intervention should never be used, it is best to monitor the tumor.
There is also the opinion of the experts: if the neoplasm of this type appeared, to do the operation. Indeed, over time it may become life-threatening.
The surgery is performed under General anesthesia. After the tumor is removed, she is studying in order to make sure that no malignant cells.
After a week the patient can return to that way of life, which was before the treatment. But some time will have to abide by the following rules:
- not to lift any heavy weights
- surge forward it is advisable not to lean;
- TV and computer – not more than six hours a day;
- eat more foods containing large amount of amino acids and calcium.
- physical activity – moderate.