Carcinoma of the breast: classification, symptoms and methods of treatment
Today, for every woman one of the most feared diagnoses is the carcinoma of the breast. The disease many know as breast cancer, which annually affects thousands of female organisms. If a woman does not care about their health and will not react to signals from your body, the disease progresses and in most cases leads to death. Most often carcinoma of the breast found in more Mature women (45-55 years), but there are many factors that provoke the disease and at an earlier age (Smoking, long-term feeding of breast milk, genetics, injuries of chest, etc.).
What would be the symptoms?
Each organism has its own unique individual character, which is why the signs of the disease may vary. The symptoms of carcinoma of the breast will depend on age, stage of disease, tumor size, and metastasis.
Common symptoms of cancer:
- thickening in the breast or under the arm;
- bloody nipple discharge;
- nipple crusts or changes in the structure;
- vpyachivaetsya the nipple into the mammary gland;
- redness and increase breast cancer;
- the ruffle on the breast skin with an orange tint;
- the changing contours of the breast, for example, one breast higher than the other;
- pain or ulcers on the skin of the breast that do not heal.
All these symptoms a womans body makes it clear that it's time to go to the doctor, who in turn will diagnose to find out non-invasive or invasive form (infiltrada carcinoma of the breast) in a patient, and prescribe treatment.
Classification of the disease
The disease is and treatment so it is important to timely diagnose until the cancer started progressing. Experts distinguish between non-invasive and invasive carcinoma of the breast. Non-invasive form characterized only in the early stages of cancer (and therefore easily treated) observed in the good or in the slice of the breast. Invasive carcinoma is considered more aggressive form of cancer, as it grows in the breast tissue. Invasive form divide several subtypes, namely:
- Lobular carcinoma of the breast. This form is also known as lobular carcinoma of the breast, and it is, both invasive and non-invasive. Characterized by the fact that very quickly develops and spreads throughout the breast tissue. Quite often detected simultaneously in both Breasts. It is difficult to treat.
- Flow carcinoma of the breast. This type of carcinoma is the most common form of breast cancer. It develops in the ducts that carry milk from the lobules (milk glands) to the nipple. Is of noninvasive and invasive form. Flowing invasive carcinoma of the breast occurs in women in 78% of all cases.
- Mucinous carcinoma of the breast. This type of cancer is more frequently diagnosed in women aged 67-70 years. The development is characterized by the fact that cancer cells start to produce abnormal mucus, which filled all the ducts and lobules – this leads to the tumor.
It is important to note that lobular stage is divided into two forms: ferrous and solid carcinoma of the breast, which is very important to know when treatment is prescribed. Carcinoma of the breast is a malignant tumor. The survival rate at 5 years varies in different countries in different ways. These differences are due to differences in diagnostics and therapy. Cancer treatment will depend on the degree of differentiation of malignant cells.
There are the following degrees:
- A highly differentiated degree is the first and easiest stage cancer that is easily treatable;
- Moderatelydifferentiated carcinoma of the breast – this is a more aggressive stage of cancer. The cells of this SECOND stage does not look like a healthy, unlike the last stage where abnormal cells most similar with healthy. Treatment is complicated;
- Low differentiated degree – the most malignant and the last stage is where the abnormal cancer cells are absolutely not similar on others, and also more and kill them.
Not infrequently, women are diagnosed with the disease, just on the last stage. Why is it so? It's simple. Fear of doctors, do not want to waste time, and it was all gone. A familiar expression? Women, protect their health, consult with loved ones, talking out loud about their symptoms.
The treatment of the disease
Treatment depends on the size of the tumor, possible metastases in the lymph nodes, armpits or other body parts and stage of the disease. Often administered combination therapy that includes surgery, chemotherapy, or radiation therapy.
If a woman found lobular carcinoma of the breast, it is important to understand that the abnormal cells grow rapidly and medical therapy should be started immediately after the detection.
In the case of breast cancer, should be considered resection of the tumor (which is so afraid of all women). Even if the removal of the entire breast is not always necessary, it is still at the removal of the tumor will be affected and healthy tissue. Often, during surgery is removed and nearby lymph nodes (axillary). The decision will depend on the diagnosis and surgeon.
Chemotherapy in carcinoma of breast is one of the important ways of treating the disease. The purpose of this method lies in the administration of drugs (Avastin, Adriblastin, Kelod, Cyclophosphamide, Herceptin), which slows down the growth and development of the tumor, which destroys healthy cells. Chemotherapy can be prescribed by a doctor, as an independent method of treatment and before or after surgery. Medications inhibit metastasis, preserve and protect healthy cells and prevent cancer recurrence.
This is one of the effective methods of treatment when under the influence of ionizing radiation die of abnormal cells and remain healthy.
Important! Take care of your health, because cancer treatment has always been and will be costly and not everyone can afford. Contact time to the doctor for all your suspicions to the treatment was quick and painless.