How to diagnose gralow melanoma?
Melanoma is a cancer, metastases of which strike the pigment cells (melanocytes) of the skin. There are many types of this disease. Quite common nowadays is acrolina lentigione melanoma.
This type of disease occurs on the palms, soles, nails, and the skin near mucous membranes – mouth, genitals, anal canal.
Acrolina common melanoma among dark-skinned races. According to statistics, about 60-70% of all patients, the representatives of the colored races. It is also proven that more common in men after age 60.
This is a very dangerous disease, as the tumor grows over the years and people may not pay attention to the skin changes.
As gralow melanoma is possible to confuse with a plantar wart, fungus nail, subungual hematoma (hematoma stain during growth of the nail moves to the free edge, and melanoma only expanding). As a rule, people turn to the experts after the appearance of the nodes, or the deformation of the nail (the detachment). Melanoma develops in two phases: horizontal (phase radical growth) and vertical (vertical growth phase). Horizontal phase is characterized by proliferation of malignant cells within the epidermis, and the vertical phase is when the malignant cells are in the dermis and begins to grow a tumor.
Ukrainoi forms of melanoma:
- Subungual form. Melanoma manifests on the nails on the big toes of the hands and feet. People don't always realize that they have a problem, since there are no distinct characteristics. Appears spot, which can be dark brown, dark blue or black. Gradually increasing, it captures the entire nail plate. The vertical growth phase of melanoma is characterized by destruction of the nail under the influence of node or papule (swelling).
- Hand-padovana form ukrainoi melanoma expressed dark spot, which may be 8-12 cm in size. Grows slowly. The radical phase of growth is characterized by the appearance of spots and its increase, and when the phase of vertical growth have papules and nodes.
The dark color of melanoma is due to the long production of pigment cells of melamine. But there is also a colorless melanoma. It is much harder to identify, and it is diagnosed in the phase of vertical growth.
Be sure to contact your doctor if:
- Appeared skin with pigmentation and uneven edges;
- Changed the color of the nails on the hands or feet (if there were injuries before);
- The spot has risen to 6 mm in diameter.
Gralow melanoma treated surgically. Is disarticulation (amputation at the nearest joint) of the finger, hand, or foot and excision of local lymph nodes. Lymph nodes are excised in that case, if they are inflamed as a consequence of the tumor process. This will suspend the distribution of metastases. In some cases, the added adjuvant radiation and chemotherapy and immunotherapy and hyperthermia. Prescribe treatment, specialists take into account the depth of the lesion by tumor cells, the size of the spot diameter, presence of ulceration, and gender (men course of the disease significantly worse than the women). Also carried out inspection of the skin lesions under a wood's lamp or analysis luminescenti microscopy.
When carrying out a successful treatment and a surgical operation is not necessary to exclude the possibility of recurrence of the disease. Very often she returns in 8-10 years. To avoid this, people who have undergone the therapy of melanoma, should be checked by a medical oncologist. It is recommended to visit a doctor every six months for 2 years after treatment.