The causes of uterine fibroids
Benign tumor in the muscular wall of the uterus is called myoma. Its main symptoms – uterine bleeding, dragging pain in the abdomen, frequent urination, problems with a chair. The disease can cause infertility. What are the causes of uterine fibroids? How to diagnose the disease?
How does uterine fibroids?
Under the influence of autoimmune processes one cell in the muscular tissue of the uterus begins to divide. Creates tumor cells, eventually forming a knot. This is fibroids. It can be localized anywhere in the uterus. Depending on this there are types of fibroids:
- interstitial (middle muscular layer);
- subserous (below the outer layer of the body, growing towards the abdominal cavity);
- submucosal (under the inner layer of the uterus, increasing its clearance);
- missesota (between the broad ligaments of the body);
- cervical (in the muscular layer of the cervix).
Depending on the number of nodes distinguish normal and multiple fibroids. This benign tumor depends on hormones (estrogen and progesterone). Therefore, in the period of menopause fibroids decreases or disappears.
What appears uterine fibroids?
To pinpoint the causes of uterine fibroids impossible. Its occurrence is associated with violation of secretion of estrogen. Hypertrophy of the muscle cell triggers a failure in the functioning of progesterone. The tumor is growing. But it happens at different speeds and with different manifestations. Therefore, to call the specific cause is not possible.
- genetic predisposition;
- ovarian disease;
- heavy physical labor;
- prolonged stress;
- chronic infections (pyelonephritis, tonsillitis, etc.);
- pathology of the endocrine system (thyroid gland, pancreas, adrenal glands);
Appeared fibroids is significantly increased in size in a short time, if the history of women:
- had abortions;
- was giving birth and breastfeeding until the age of thirty;
- recorded inflammatory processes in the female reproductive organs (inflammation of the fallopian tubes, ovaries; cysts on the uterus;
- had a long reception of hormonal contraceptive drugs.
For patients with uterine fibroids dangerous UV rays.
How to diagnose the disease?
To clarify the diagnosis carried out the following diagnostic procedures:
1. Gynecological examination.
Gynecologist during examination detects uterine enlargement. Sometimes you may see a separate node.
2. Ultrasound examination of the uterus.
Is performed transabdominally (through the abdominal wall) and transvaginal (through the vagina). Ultrasound shows uterine enlargement and fibroids not more than one centimeter in diameter.
In the hollow on the injection of contrast medium. Then do an x-ray of the uterus. Hysterography is carried out while receiving a mixed response from other diagnostics.
In the cavity of the body introduce a special device (the hysteroscope). With his help, learn the inner surface of the uterus.
What is a fibroid?
The first node may receive at the age of about thirty years. But the symptoms for a long time absent. Manifestations of the disease depend on the localization of the tumor, its size and growth rate. Generally, obvious symptoms appear in 35-40 years. The main symptoms of fibroids:
- prolonged and heavy menstruation;
- bleeding in mid-cycle;
- lower abdominal pain radiating to the legs or lower back;
- frequent urination (squeezing the bladder);
- constipation (when compressed the lumen of the rectum);
- headachesand heart pain;
- frequent hot flashes.
Treatment of fibroid depends on its size, location, and plans women regarding having children.