What is angioma of the retina?
Angiopathy or angioma of the retina is a relatively common pathology, which is not an independent disease. Angiopathy is a manifestation of other diseases and pathological conditions of man. Angioma can occur at any age, it affects adults and children. But more often, angiopathy of the retina of the eye develops after the age of 30 years. There are several varieties of disease, each of which has its own reasons. In the treatment of angiopathy of great importance to identify the root cause of the disease.
There are the following types of angiopathy of the retina:
- diabetic – associated complications, endocrine diseases such as diabetes mellitus; this affects all the blood vessels of the body generally, and the capillaries of the retina in particular; the blood flow rate significantly decreases, which causes blockage of blood vessels and blurred vision in the future;
- traumatic develops due to damage of the cervical spine, brain or compression of the sternum of the person; this type of angiopathy is associated with the compression or squashing of the blood vessels or increased intracranial pressure;
- hypertensive type of angiopathy develops rather frequently; small hemorrhages in the organs of vision are the result of high blood pressure, which causes visual disturbances and blurred vision;
- chronic form occurs when lowering the tone of the small vessels resulting in reduced blood flow;
- this results in thrombus formation, which is accompanied by a pronounced pulsation in the vessels of the eye;
- youth are the most dangerous because its causes are not known; moreover, this type of pathology often causes blurred vision, the development of various eye diseases and even blindness.
The causes of pathology
Angioma of the retina develops as a result of number of reasons. Known not all of the factors in the formation of disease, but most of them. These include:
- injury to the neck or brain;
- increased intracranial pressure;
- osteochondrosis of the cervical spine;
- loss of tone of blood vessels result in disorders of the nervous regulation;
- bad habits, particularly Smoking.
Also pathology is formed due to factors such as older age, presence of various diseases of the blood and the individual irregularities in the structure of the walls of blood vessels. Also when working in hazardous work, under the influence of intoxication of an organism is the development of angioma of the retina.
The clinical picture
In case of angiopathy the patient can see at certain symptoms. On this basis we can identify a pathology. Symptoms of angiopathy of the retina are:
- reduced vision, varying degrees of blurred vision;
- the emergence of the so-called lightning in the eyes;
- degeneration of the retina;
- pulsation of blood in the eyes;
- jumps in blood pressure;
- the occurrence of hemorrhages in the eyeballs;
- the development of myopia or its progression;
- complete or almost complete loss of vision.
Depending on the variety of pathology may be other ocular manifestations of angiopathy.
Diagnosis of pathology is made by a specialist (ophthalmologist). The doctor conducts a standard examination of the patient, studying history. But also the patient is administered the survey using ultrasound, x-rayor tomography. Ultrasound scanning allows us to study the condition of blood vessels and to study the rate of blood circulation. X-ray examination using contrast allows to determine the permeability of blood vessels. On the basis of tomography can determine the status of soft tissues.
Treatment of angiopathy of the retina appoints only highly skilled.
The patient may be recommended medications to improve circulation, thin the blood, normalizes permeability of vessel walls. To improve the condition of a patient with angiopathy can physiotherapy techniques, among which the most effective are the magnetic therapy, acupuncture and laser therapy. Also useful pneumomassage, color therapy, phonophoresis and infrasonic therapy. They allow you to achieve better vision. But the main treatment is directed at eliminating the root cause of the disease.