Symptoms of uterine fibroids
Uterine fibroids refers to hormone-dependent tumors, respectively, for its growth respond to estrogens and progesterone. That is why you may experience a complete disappearance of all disturbing the woman of signs of fibroids in menopause because during this period the amount of sex hormones in the female body is significantly reduced. Of course, it is not necessary to wait until the disease will pass by itself especially because the symptoms of uterine fibroids can be very dangerous. Their manifestations depend on various factors, including:
- the nature of the disease,
- its causes,
- the age of the patient,
- the localization of nodes
- the presence of comorbidities,
- the individual characteristics of the organism.
As for the reasons, contributing to the formation of this tumor, they are not known. Statistics show that uterine fibroids may occur due to:
- diseases of the ovaries and the violation production of sex hormones
- metabolic disturbances (obesity),
- unfortunate heredity,
- diseases of the endocrine system
- chronic infectious diseases,
- absence in the history of childbirth and breastfeeding after the age of 30,
- heavy physical work
- long-term stress,
- chronic inflammatory diseases of the ovaries,
- long-term use of oral hormonal contraceptives,
- frequent and prolonged stay in the hot sun.
When you need immediate access to a doctor?
Of course, many women know about what the gynecologist should visit at least once in six months. But follow these tips units. As you know, any disease in the advanced form is much worse to treat.
What are the signs of uterine fibroids will allow time to recognize the disease? The first manifestations of the disease can manifest itself 40 years, but often the symptoms are very long absent. The main symptoms are:
- the increase of the duration of menstruation and a profuse bleeding,
- the appearance of bleeding in the mid cycle
- pain with uterine fibroids usually localized in the lower part of the stomach, but can "give" in the legs or lower back. Usually, the pain is weak and aching, but they may dramatically increase (for example, during intercourse),
- frequent urination (if a growing fibroid compresses the bladder),
- constipation (in the case where a fibroid compresses the rectum),
- hot flashes, headaches and heart pains
- prolonged uterine bleeding lead to anemia. Anemia may be accompanied by pallor, feeling of weakness, dizziness and headaches,
- an increase in the stomach until the "pregnant" state (in the case when the disease develops for a long time),
- the temperature increase may be a result of the development of the inflammatory process (usually caused due to twisting or rupture of the fibroids).
If we talk about what threat uterine fibroids, it is asymptomatic in the early stages. In most cases, the first "alarm bells" patients are ignored, and for advice they apply only in case of strong attacks unfortunately, it is not always possible to manage medication treatment and may require surgical intervention.
Classification of fibroids and course of the disease
Of course, getting an accurate diagnosis by a doctor. But the patient needs to understand the difference in the case of diagnosing her submucous and subserous fibroids. So, submucous myoma arises from the uterine submucosa and grows in the lumen of the uterus. Its main symptoms are wallowy bleeding and more abundant than normal menstruation. This type of tumor is a common cause of miscarriagepregnancy.
Subserous fibroids it grows in the pelvic lumen, therefore, changes in menstrual cycle causes rarely. But this kind of tumor has an impact on other organs, so that the main symptoms in this case are pain, disorders of urination and defecation.
Forecasts with uterine fibroids
Of course, recommendations on how to cure uterine fibroids can only give the attending physician after a thorough examination. But the forecasts can be different depending on what stage the disease is detected.
The most unfavorable prognosis when symptoms of fibroids occur after menopause. Then the typical symptoms can indicate malignant degeneration of the tumor tissue. This is also can speak and the rapid growth of education such when less than a year, the uterus becomes as the 5th week of pregnancy.
The effect of fibroids on fertility and pregnancy is controversial. A woman of reproductive age with this diagnosis may not be able to conceive as the movement of germ cells often overlap. If the pregnancy has arisen due to pathology it may end in miscarriage or premature birth. Furthermore, submucosal fibroids can occupy a significant space in the uterine cavity, thereby preventing the normal development of the embryo. If the node is in the cervix, a vaginal delivery becomes impossible as to completely overlap the birth canal.
Based on the foregoing, we can only recall the well-known truth about the necessity of regular medical examinations for all women.