Fibroma vocal cords
Fibroma is a common benign tumor that is localized mainly in the region of the vocal cords. Externally, it is a clear education without the blurry edges that consists of connective tissue and covered with epithelium.
Causes of pathology
Benign tumors are possible in two types: congenital or appear during life. Among them are more common fibroids, polyps, angiomas, etc.
Causes of tumor are congenital in nature are heredity or the influence of fetal factors such as infectious diseases, pregnancy (rubella, viral hepatitis, HIV, syphilis, etc.), radiation, receiving the woman during pregnancy unacceptable drugs.
Acquired benign tumors of the larynx appear in the following cases:
- in disorders of the immune system;
- in viral diseases (influenza, measles, etc.);
- in chronic inflammatory diseases of the throat (laryngitis, pharyngitis);
- due to the long influence on an organism of harmful substances (smoke, dust);
- in disorders of the endocrine system;
- after heavy prolonged loads on the vocal cords.
The main reasons for the formation of fibroids:
- continuous overload of the vocal cords;
- the work on harmful production (a frequent finding in dusty areas, inhalation of dry air or hazardous vapors);
- bad habits (excessive drinking, Smoking);
- long or temporary installation of a breathing tube;
- prolonged breathing through the mouth (used in case of impossibility of breathing through the nose);
- hormonal disorders;
- influence of adverse climate (aridity, heat);
- diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
Symptoms and methods of diagnosis
Symptoms of vocal cords are:
- hoarseness in speech;
- pain in the neck;
- shortness of breath;
- voice fatigue (talking voice can become softer);
- discomfort in the throat;
- pain when tension of the vocal cords;
- coughing up blood;
- sudden complete disappearance of the voice;
- shortness of breath.
In the presence of a tumor in the patient may receive asphyxia.The disease may have no obvious signs. Hidden below the vocal cords the fibroid becomes possible to detect, for example, with a deep exhalation or cough.
1. Treatment fibroids vocal cords is carried out surgically. The process of tumor removal is performed endolaryngeal by using the endoscope and microinstruments. In the case where the formation of very large it is removed by external access through an incision in the neck.
2. As tools for removing can use new technologies: laser, ultrasound, or cryoablation.
3. In the first few days after surgery is recommended the head rest.
4. The healing process is quite fast, but in the first few days you must not eat hot food or drink.
A timely appeal to qualified personnel significantly facilitates the process of treatment, since fibroids tend to zlokacestvennoe.